Yes, Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide can be used for animal drinking water to help prevent the spread of waterborne pathogens and improve animal health.
Animals can be susceptible to a wide range of waterborne pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, that can cause illness and disease. These pathogens can also impact animal performance and growth, leading to economic losses for farmers and producers.
Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide is a powerful disinfectant that is effective against a wide range of microorganisms, including those that can be found in animal drinking water. It can be used to treat drinking water to help reduce the risk of waterborne disease and improve animal health.
Moreover, Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide is a safe and effective alternative to other disinfectants commonly used in animal drinking water, such as chlorine and ozone. It has no harmful byproducts and does not produce any residual taste or odor in the water.
It's important to note that Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide should be used according to the manufacturer's instructions and in the appropriate concentration for the specific application. Overuse or misuse of the disinfectant can lead to harmful effects on animals or the environment.
In addition, it's important to ensure that the drinking water system is properly maintained and cleaned before applying Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide. This includes regular flushing of water lines and the removal of any sediment or debris that can harbor bacteria or other pathogens.
In summary, Ultra-Pure chlorine dioxide can be a valuable tool for improving animal health and preventing the spread of waterborne disease in animal drinking water. Its broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity and safety make it a popular choice for disinfecting water systems in animal production. By using it properly and following manufacturer's instructions, farmers and producers can help to ensure the health and welfare of their animals.
SMT’s ultra-pure chlorine dioxide products can help improve herd or flock health and increase profits. Our EPA registered products can be used as an antimicrobial water treatment to reduce bacterial and other pathogenic populations in water. Chlorine dioxide can also oxidize iron, manganese, phenols, and other floating particles decreasing turbidity which removes tastes and odors from the water, encouraging higher consumption. Chlorine dioxide has also been shown to prohibit the growth of bacteria and algae in drinking water systems, which can prevent buildup of bioslimes that harbor pathogenic organisms.
Recommended Product: Selectrocide 5G.
Please contact us for any information regarding dilution, contact time, or any questions you may have. Contact information is listed near the bottom of the website. Visit our main website by clicking here.